Alma del Tango is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to encouraging artistic expression and the development of community through Argentine Tango. Started by Debbie Goodwin and John Campbell in 1996 and incorporated as a non-profit in 2000, it is the umbrella organization for several worthy projects.
- Alma del Tango offers a full program of beginning to advanced tango dance classes, a weekly práctica, monthly milonga and student dance productions to the community of Marin County, California.
- Alma Video Productions engages in documenting dance productions that would otherwise disappear with the fading sounds of the last note of music.
- Debbie Goodwin Dance supports the choreography and direction of Alma del Tango’s student and professional productions as well as taking on artistic projects on a freelance basis.
- Tango, a Romantic Ritual, the professional theater production, serves to educate, entertain, and capture the imagination.
- Tango Con*Fusión, the all-women professional dance company, explores gender roles and interpersonal relationships through performance of modern dance pieces informed by the themes of Argentine Tango.
- Seth Asarnow y su Sexteto Tipico capture the sound and style of the popular orchestras from the Golden Age of Tango. They are dedicated to preserving this amazing style of music in its original form.